JOB TITLE: CASHIER
REPORTS TO: ACCOUNTANT
INTERFACES WITH: Administrative staff, Multidisciplinary health team, Patients/ Clients and families
OVERALL JOB SUMMARY
The accounts assistant will maintain books of Account, and produce and submit accurate financial statements/information at KMCH in accordance with the financial regulations.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Education: A Diploma in Accounting (preferably ATC or UDBS) or their equivalent
At least Part 2 of an internationally Recognized Professional Accounting Body (ACCA, CPA, CIMA, etc.) would be desirable
Experience: At least 2 years’ experience in an accounting and administrative role Required Knowledge:
- Principles and practices of required accounting principles, and records management.
- proficiency in MS Office applications
- Knowledge of an accounting software Special Knowledge
- Charts of Accounts and the subsidiary accounts
- Knowledge of the routine of the accounts office
- Handling of cash both within the office and on the way to office or bank and at the bank
- Management of cash and Cheques, receipts and payments
- Effective control of sensitive documents which include cheque books, receipt books, vouchers; and the petty cash records.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- file and maintain accounts records
- Maintain back up folders
- code documents
- Issue and regulate petty cash amounts.
- Enter invoices in the system
- Pay vendors in a timely manner
- Process cheques and other payments
- Print and disperse draft invoices to client managers
- Disperse the final invoices to the client
- Prepare the monthly payroll
- Maintain the fixed assets register
- Call debtors
- Calculate billing statements
- Prepare and submit tax forms
- Generate and or prepare accounting reports/documents for review by your supervisor
- Any other duties and responsibilities as may be deemed fit by your supervisor
Skills and attitude required:
- Have good numerical/mathematical skills
- Ability to bond with and work in a team.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Honesty and integrity
- problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- strong work ethic
- stress tolerance
- Possess a professional attitude
- Highly organized.
- This position is a full time. Additional requirements require for the incumbent to be of integrity, be accountable, flexible, and innovative. He/ she should have good interpersonal skills. A good understanding of diversity is essential. Other qualities include self-management, self-drive networking & team work; Capacity builder, mentor & role model for team mates.
- This position calls for one to have the ability to work under demanding deadlines and be ab le to multitask
- You will be expected to observe safety measures as outlined in the KMCH Policy Manual, which you are required to read and refer to as necessary.