Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women worldwide and the second most common cancer overall. It is a leading cause of cancer death in less developed countries and the second leading cause of cancer death in American women, exceeded only by lung cancer.
Around the World:
- Nearly 1.7 million new breast cancer cases were diagnosed in 2012.
- Breast cancer is the second most common cancer in women and men worldwide. In 2012, it represented about 12 percent of all new cancer cases and 25 percent of all cancers in women.
- Breast cancer is the most frequently diagnosed cancer among women in 140 of 184 countries worldwide.
- Globally, breast cancer now represents one in four of all cancers in women.
- Since 2008, worldwide breast cancer incidence has increased by more than 20 percent. Mortality has increased by 14 percent.
According to the World Cancer Research Fund International
We shall be hosting a Q&A live chat with Doctor Joseph Turyabahika, senior surgeon on how to fight Breast cancer on Thursday 14th June, 2018 at 11am on our Twitter and Facebook pages.
Dr Joseph Turyabahika is a founder member of Kampala Medical Chambers Hospital currently working as a Senior Consultant Surgeon with over 21 years’ experience as a General Surgeon.
Over the last 21 years as a resident surgeon at Rubaga hospital, he has nurtured and trained several doctors during their internship, trained nurses, and mentored surgeons in general surgery training. He has a wide experience in general surgery and specializes in gastroenterology and endoscopy.
As head of surgical department in 300 bed hospital, Dr Turyabahika leads the surgical team and supervises nurses, surgical intern doctors and junior general surgeons in addition to providing overall surgical consultation services. He is also a visiting honorary anatomy lecturer on part time basis at the College of Health Sciences, Makerere University Uganda.
View Full Profile here: https://kampalamedicalchambers.org/dr-joseph/