JOB TITLE: MARKETING AND SALES EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: MEDICAL DIRECTOR
INTERFACES WITH: Senior Management Team, Patients/ Clients and families, Ward in-charges, Nursing Staff, Multidisciplinary health team, Auxiliary staff,
OVERALL JOB SUMMARY
To devise, develop and deliver a comprehensive strategic and tactical plan for business development, income generation and awareness-raising for KMCH. You will also help to raise the organisation’s media profile locally, regionally and international by defining and managing a new marketing, communication and customer care strategy.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Marketing and Business Development
- Develop and deliver the strategy for KMCH’s new business development, marketing and sales, appropriate to the needs and responsive to opportunity, in close collaboration with the Hospital Management and Board of directors.
- Be responsible for communicating this strategy to all KMCH staff and board members.
- Align the strategy with that of the organisation and other programmes, seeking to maximise effectiveness through collaboration.
- Research into relationships that should be developed and manage effective partnerships with both existing and new key corporate partners, NGOs, government, media and funders.
- Developing and managing Marketing and Sales systems/models that are in line with the overall strategic objective
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Sales Section
- Monitored / evaluated sales-team’s performance – guided others towards achieving sales targets and established effective/scheduled sales reports.
- Formulated and implemented sales initiatives and marketing strategies as well as new and innovative marketing campaigns; tracked performance to achieve objectives and enhance organization effectiveness.
- Provided required training sessions to sales and marketing teams
- Other Responsibilities
- Play an active role in the planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting of KMCH’s work.
- Ensure all activity is recorded accurately on KMCH databases and evaluated accordingly.
- Ensure all budgeting and follow up of project costs and negotiation of contracts is completed.
- Such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the development and implementation of the marketing and strategic plan for the company. Target marketing /sales strategy manual in first week of work
- Increase on new client turnover in outpatient and inpatient by 15% per quarter in the next two years. Target specifically at 10 new clients – cash paying per week – 40 new clients per month
- Maintain and increase on company/family /insurance clients by per quarter over the next 6 months. Target specifically contracting three new company /insurance clients per month over next 6 months.
- Help increase the gross total income of the organization by 30 % per annum over the next two years.
- This position is a full time. Additional requirements for the person are to be of integrity, be accountable, flexible, and innovative. He/ she should have good interpersonal skills. A good understanding of diversity is essential. Other qualities include self-management, self-drive networking & team work; Capacity builder, mentor & role model for team mates.
- This position calls for one to have the ability to work under demanding deadlines and be able to multitask
- You will be expected to observe safety measures as outlined in the KMCH Policy Manual, which you are required to read and refer to as necessary.