JOB TITLE: PHARMACIST
REPORTS TO: MEDICAL DIRECTOR
INTERFACES WITH: Patients/Clients, Multidisciplinary health team, auxiliary staff
OVERALL JOB SUMMARY
The pharmacist is responsible for the managing the quality preparation, safe storage and rational use of Medicines and other Health supplies. The pharmacist will be expected to maintain the standards of practice as per KMCL guidelines, ensure effective communication and work closely with other members of multi-disciplinary team to ensure delivery of holistic care to the patient.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Education Requirements – Degree in Pharmacy or its equivalent from a recognized Institution
Licensure: Must be registered and licensed with the Pharmacy Council of Uganda
Work experience: At least 2 years’ experience as a pharmacist in a hospital setting.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributing to the planning and budgeting for pharmacy activities
- Providing professional advice and support on all issues of pharmaceutical management
- Requisitioning for hospital pharmaceutical needs
- Preparing quality compounded medicines and infusions
- Dispensing prescription and medications
- Providing advice to Clinicians and other Health Professionals on prescriptions
- Providing advice to patients on proper use and storage of medicines
- Producing accountability for financial and other resources
- Ensuring proper storage of medicines in the facilities
- Monitoring and Maintaining adequate medicines supplies levels
- Preparing and submitting periodic reports
- Professional and Service codes of conduct and ethics enforced.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as may be deemed fit by the supervisor
SKILLS AND ATTITUDES:
- Ability to multi task
- Planning, organizing and coordinating
- Records and information management
- Results oriented
- Ethics and integrity
- Concern for quality and standards
- Team player
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet
- The pharmacist will be expected to work at all times within the Pharmacy Council of Uganda code of professional conduct and to observe safety measures as outlined in the KMCH Policy Manual, which you are required to read and refer to as necessary.
- You are required to adhere to the employment policies as per department guidelines and as per the KMCL Policy Manual.
- In view of the nature and the needs of the job, you must be physically able to work 8-12 hour shifts as assigned.